When you take a vacation, sometimes it’s nice to relax and unwind by laying out on the beach with a pina colada in hand. However, if you’re looking for adventure and amazing new experiences, then try some of these extreme sport activities! It’s not everyday that you can go white water rafting in Costa Rica or bungee jumping off a bridge in Guatemala, so definitely put these on your bucket list if you’re looking for a thrilling, once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Ziplining- Imagine if you could fly through the rainforest or down a mountainside. There are usually a series of ziplines that differ in length and slope in order to get you to the bottom of the mountain. You are attached to the cables and slide down to get from platform to platform.
- Bungee Jumping- If you enjoy the feeling of a freefall, then this is the perfect activity for you! When I was in Costa Rica, a few of the volunteers I lived with ended up going bungee jumping in Monteverde. You are strapped into a harnass that is connected to an elastic cord, which is connected to a bridge. You jump off the bridge and bounce until you come to a stop and then pulled back up to where you started.
- White Water Rafting- Float down a river with a group of your friends on a white water rafting trip! You have a guide that’s in the boat with you so don’t worry about getting lost. There are different courses to match how intense you want your journey to be.
- Hang Gliding- In hang gliding, you start from the top of a cliff or another high point and use the hang glider to soar through the air. You get the chance to fly and see the world from a view you’ve never seen before.
- Canyoning- I recently heard about this activity and it sounds like an amazing venture to explore these naturally made valleys. You explore the natural beauty of canyons by walking, swimming, and rock climbing.
If you need some excitement in your life, try these extreme sport activities on your next vacation. It will surely be a thrilling experience you can share with your family or friends.