I don’t know about you, but I would definitely travel a lot more if it didn’t cost so much. Plane tickets, hotels, food, entertainment, souvenirs, and everything else add up so fast that even only a week of travelling will cost you quite a bit. I’ve come up with some ways you can save money without compromising the quality of your trip.
- Stay in smaller hotels– Try finding a smaller, privately owned hotel rather than a major, more expensive hotel. Look for the word “pousada” when you’re looking for a place to stay.
- Fly round-trip– Even though you may be visiting several different cities during your stay, book your flight to and from your destination with the same airport. Round-trip tickets are cheaper than one-way flights.
- Go backpacking- Instead of paying for a hotel every night, try planning a backpacking trip for a few days. You can save on the hotel rates and enjoy the beauty of nature.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for discounts- If you want a discount, just ask for it! Worst case scenario- they don’t lower the price. Best case scenario- you save money on your room!
- Embark on a dining adventure- Stay away from the high-end tourist restaurants and search for a local restaurant. Chances are the food will be more authentic and cheaper.
Hopefully these tips can be of some use to those of you planning on travelling in the near future. I’m definitely going to try these out on my next trip to Europe!